What to Wear to Bed?





Lately there has been a bad habit. Every time I went back home from work, the first thing to do is to have my late afternoon tea to unwind myself from all the things happening at work. And to go with that is normally delicacies like kuih or cakes which is quite high in calories. Since things went to almost sunset, right after having my Maghrib prayer suddenly these eyes started to become blurry. Coupled with my Astro Beyond HD has just been struck by lightning which can’t be used anymore – what more to do than to just doze off for a while. 





A while, huh? More to hours actually... and I always missed my dinner. The not best part is actually what I wear to bed – sometimes with all the baju kerja or if lucky, the typical off-duty loungewear like tee and the sweatpants. The thing is, do you know that the color that you wear to bed will affect the mood when you wake up later on? You haven't experience that before? That’s actually doesn’t sound weird coz after these while (since forever actually) I can finally put my finger on how wearing certain hues in the color wheel could affect the sense of mood post-sleep. That’s what we call chromototherapy, and it’s actually not just for the time you doze off. It's about everything going on in life.





Quite long time ago at my rented house, I used to have my bedsheet and duvet all in terracotta red. Everytime I woke up in the morning I always feel extremely exhausted, kind of energy drained which is quite weird (no dirty thoughts, okay!). I dunno why, coz I haven’t done any exercise in the night before (if exercise, you’ll actually gonna feel very recharged the morning after!). It went on and on for quite a while; until I suddenly read in an article about how color can actually effects the body. 









Red is bad for the ambience in the bedroom coz it’ll bring some kind of aura that will drained your energy. Since red is an intense color, it’ll stimulate the heartbeat and breathing. I know it's definitely good for your ‘first night’ coz you’ll definitely need all that ‘vavavoom power' for you-know-what 'activity' (coz red is the color of romance and passion!); but not daily coz you’ll feel so extremely wasted when you wake up. At least that’s how I’ve experience when I accidentally wear read tee to sleep too – felt so extremely drained! Not good. Not even with the Tongkat Ali Power Root coffee later on either. Ha! Not to mention the intermittent kejap bangun, kejap tidur balik coz the body somehow affected by the bad aura the color give during sleep. 





Things doesn’t happen when I changed my décor to all white. Either the bedsheet and duvet, or even wearing white top since according to chromotherapy, white calms things down as it has a ‘cooling’ effect. I never feel tired when I wake up. In fact I feel well-rested and got a fulfilled sleep, which is good.

















Wearing black too does a similar effect. Probably because black, as well as white, is not considered as 'color' in the color wheel - that's why it maintains the sombre mood in the bedroom. Sometimes, black could also maintain the body temperature as it is that heat absorbing effect.





I dunno about other colors. Some suggested to have purple in the bedroom since it's a color of 'spirituality'. Or blue which can helps you relax. Probably green too coz it's calming. But not yellow, coz it will stimulates temper (nanti kang perang besar dlm bilik. 'perang' tu takper, perang yg lain la tak nak..huhu).



But, seriously... I don't know how many men would wear any tops going to bed as we prefer going topless anyway. Much less hassle and more freedom. Except during the winter coz it's damn freezing cold (and made everything 'shrunk'!), it's all about sans top for most of the blokes (bottomless, is however an option...ngggg!). That's why I said earlier, taking a nap in full clothes is 'not the best part' when going to bed. Not with the top on, no... (except if there's guest at home, nnt kang tergezut tgk tak berbaju!)





CENSORED!...ngehehee...



But in case of emergency, go commando if you dare. The au naturel, though this part might be a bit 'risque' not just when someone caught you... but from some religious point of view as well. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon