Project Downgrade: Brazza to Bonia





Not many would do a downgrade - be it the flight ticket, the career status or even the sense of style. Upgrade, yes... but downgrade, maybe not. But that's the exact opposite what I did recently: downgrading my wallet that I used everyday from the Louis Vuitton Brazza to the one by Bonia Uomo. Call me crazy yet I don't really care what people would say because when the time comes, I've gotta do what I've gotta do.










There's been a massive 'series of unfortunate events' happened lately with my Brazza wallet. Long story short, it severely damaged coz there has been a tug-of-war that saw my LV's looking not as itself any more. Torn, dissected, marred, busted... whatever you wanna call it. In short - rosak, beb! If you ever see the condition of a frog being spread open, dissected on the operation table in your Biology class - yeah, it's something like that. Only that my Brazza is not a frog. And there's no scalpel involved!





Despite the condition I still use the wallet; until last weekend I can't take it anymore coz all the receipts that I put in the slot compartments keep on falling over. I said enough is enough. It went a bit berserk and that's how I decided to look for a replacement wallet - but can't put my finger on which brand would I go for since I desperately need one right THAT moment. And the nearest LV store is hundred miles away in KL.... so, that brand for won't be in my list for sure. Not even Gucci or any other big labels that I'm used to coz there is no way I'm travelling again since I've just return from the city.





And that's when I found this saviour during my stroll in Parkson a day after. I don't normally lay my eyes that often to the local brand (except SEED, ngehehe!), but somehow this wallet that is kept very hidden to the sight caught my attention. It's Bonia, the brand that I used to cemuh my big sister for using it. Cemuh becoz the design that I see her carrying is too blah, which is too low even for my standard. I used to say meh, Bonia... apa kellass. Gua tak pakai la brand2 Malaysia nih!





But it was more than a year and a half that the conversation took place actually. And more than a year and a half too that I've never seen the collection by the brand ever since I saw it in the same Parkson in Ipoh. Less that I realised Bonia has actually upped their style and trend of the bags tremendously to really become 'high end' which somehow can compete with the other high-end brands in the market. To be honest, I am quite surprised to see what they have in store that day. In fact I'm quite surprise too that they had a big 'classy' boutique in Mahkota Parade in my previous visit to Melaka - but didn't step inside due to my previous pre-emptive perception. But the thing is: Bonia now is not Bonia that I saw one and a half year ago. It has improved. Period.





Anyway. Talking about my wallet, I only used the long version becoz I got too many, many, many cards. About 20 to be exact... which is quite mind-boggling, that's why I need many slots in the wallet to store 'em. Even the cashier use to say wah, banyaknyer kad!! everytime I open my previous Brazza to pay at the counter. And this one by Bonia Uomo fit the bill very nicely. To be honest, the reason why I chose it not only because it's a long-wallet type, but because of the the textured leather material which somehow reminds me of Prada Saffiano range of bags that I love. The scritchy scratchy kinda look which made it appears much expensive and not a plain Joe.





And it's smaller than my Brazza, yet has much more card slots! Not only that, there's a coin compartment, a couple of slots for the notes on both sides, and surprisingly another slots on the outside to fill some receipts and what not. Again, the size is smaller than my previous LV - plus easier and better to hold which is awesome! What more can I ask for, except that it's a good replacement for the Brazza. Nah, amik ko LV! 





Bottom line is, never underestimate the local brand coz you'll never know how good it can be too. Jangan nak tengok kuman seberang laut jer, sedangkan gajah depan mata tak nampak coz it is also tremendously great by itself. This experience really served me a good lesson that what matter most is the quality, not the brand name.





Oh, the price? I thought it's just a couple of puluh-puluh ringgit jer since it's a local brand, kan? But sekali auntie tu cakap RM380, ku terdiam terkedu tak tahu mana nak tuju..ooowohowoho. (Aik, tetiba nyanyi Cinta Muka Buku plak yer..ehehe). But, dah suka punya pasal... harus pejam mata dan bayar apa saja! (Thankfully it's on sale + I got some vouchers to use; so it's less than RM300).





I told you, Bonia is high end now, wa cakap lu...ahaks! 





*alamak, jadi cerpen la plak entry nih.. huhu.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon