The Grey Dilemma





Last Tuesday I had a dilemma on what to wear to the office. It was quite late when I woke up since I was still reeling with my exhaustion after spending time in KL for the PC Fair and the Ikea visit and what not. Too much walking made the whole body aching, desperately needing some rest.(thank God my Gucci boots are made for walking, huh? Ha!) That's why I took a day off on Monday to really unwind myself, taking all the rest that I need. So, the day after - probably still due to the weekend blues - it's a bit late as usual when I drove off to work. Late as in 7.45 am instead of the usual 7.30! But still on time, as always. ngeee...





I haven't thought that much when picking up my outfit of the day. One thing for sure, I snatched the grey vertical stripes shirt by Mexx to go along with the black trousers. And I saw the grey mohair-wool slimfit jacket by River Island which I haven't wear that much before, so I snatched that one too from my wardrobe. But, there's a huge dilemma - which tie would I wear? I can't make up my mind as I got a lot of grey-based neckwear in my 'tie box' which somehow so hard to made decision. And what do I do to run against time for not being beyond late to clock in? If during my schooldays I used to bring along toys in my bag to school - now I'm bringing a bunch of ties in my SEED leather tote in case if one is not looking great, I can always switch to another. Boy, does it help?





Actually it does! At first I tried that horizontal stripes by Red Herring @ Debenhams. Hmmm... not good, coz too much patterns going on in one ensemble: vertical stripes, horizontal stripes, the texture of the mohair jacket... far too much, and very tacky and distracting too.







And then another tie from the same label, yet with micro vertical stripes which somehow tone thing down a bit. Still, it doesn't look right as I'm not feeling for the too much tone-on-tones happening here. So, scrap that out from being worn that day...






And after trying another two ties which is too tacky to be snapped the photo to be included in here, I finally found solemn to the last one: the crochet grey tie from Uniqlo. Solem, how? Suddenly I'm feeling that it brought things together quite well. The gradual toning down of the color - from darker grey of the mohair blazer, to slightly lighter striped shirt to much lighter tie. It's like drawing attention towards the inside which is quite 'streamline' in away. Unlike the previous two, which I think may 'confuse' the eyes - it's like 'where do i look? arrgh.. too much, to much distraction of pattern!'. But with this one I think it'll go like..awwwww...aman damai.





Plus, even without the the blazer both the tie and the shirt looks great together; though I prefer to still wear the blazer since the shirt is not really slimfit - it's a tailor-fit which is slightly 'oversized' to my usual 'slimming' standard. :) 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon