Retrospective: The BigFat Archive





Thanks to my new hangers from Ikea, now I can really hang all the clothes instead of keeping it folded in the wardrobe. I'm not a big fan of folding clothes coz: 1) it can't be aired in the open, so the mold tend to build up quicker which may damage the fabrics even more. 2) I hate to see the 'folding line' on the clothes due to being in the wrap for far too long. 3) c'mon, who doesn't like to see the look of the clothes hanging on the rail coz it reminds me more to the ambience in a shop really! =)





Anyway. While taking out the clothes to hang, I found some old jackets that I used to wear it so many times during my stay in the UK. The jackets that had their own glory days then, which happened to be slipped into during the cold seasons to keep me warm and cosy. As usual - as I'm the King of Highstreet (mengaku la plak yer) - the jackets are none other than from the highstreet brand themselves.







  • Jersey baseball jacket by McKenzie.



I remember during the time when baseball jacket made a strong presence and big trend back in late 2009. When I browsed the net, I stumbled upon this dark grey baseball jacket from McKenzie, sold at JD Sports online. Since there're lots of JD stores in London, I went for a quest to find the exact pair - at Westfield and Oxford Street, but none to be seen. Yet, the quest is a success when I found it at Whiteleys in Bayswater - the only one left - which happen to be in a perfect fit for me. I think the reason it sold out (both in-store and online) is not only because everyone wanna be looking 'following the trend', but the price is slashed from £30 to £9.99. What not to grab, aite? 






cropped jogger - Voi Jeans, black vest - H&M; cuff - Burton;


dumbell - York




  •  Black pleather hooded jacket by H&M.



The moment I saw it on the ad in Metro, I straight away went to High Street Kensington to find one, since in the store there I normally found new stuff before other H&Ms in London did stock theirs. Unfortunately,  I'm way too early coz this one which is part of a new Spring/Summer collection was yet to arrive. But thankfully I don't have to wait that long as a couple of days later when I went to H&M flagship store at Regent Street, this jacket is in store - so as others as well.





A lot of my friends are deceived by its look coz they said it is expensive. The truth is, this hooded pleather jacket cost only £20 - but I'm paying just £16 after using the 20% discount voucher from H&M newsletter. What I love about it is its symmetricality, and the fact that it's a hoodie which is a 'good friend' during drizzling weather when I'm not carrying any umbrella. Also some features like the perforated top part that add to some edge to this jacket. 





And the funny thing is, I saw someone wear the exact jacket on the red carpet a couple of days later. Cheap, maybe but who cares when it looks great. Hmmm... think i got an eye for a red carpet material myself too, huh?






black vest - H&M; raw indigo denim - Topman


cuff - Burton; laptop case - Gucci






  • Neo-leather hooded jacket in tan by Uniqlo.



The Japanese always got it early coz Uniqlo is originated from there anyway - Japan. But that doesn't hampered my wish to own some of their neo-leather jackets in the Autumn/Winter 2009 collection that I saw @ Uniqlo Japan online. When they finally made it across the world, it was at Uniqlo flagship store at Oxford Street I found this beauty. 





I was drawn to its color and the whole buttery soft neo-leather (aka pleather) material of this jacket. Since it's a hoodie with some faux fur lining on its back, I think it's one perfect hot jacket to wear during the Big Freeze that London experiencing then. Wearing it is so cosy since the jacket is slightly padded to give that extra warmth. This one is not cheap, but having the advantage of getting student discount, I just snap it without thinking too much (opportunity never knock twice, people!).





Again, I think I got an eye for cool stuff coz not only to me that this jacket look awesome (in real it is awesome anyway), but this is the exact one that cause me to be the subject of study at London College of Fashion. I dunno what those students are really thinking, maybe diorg blur kot time tu..huhu - they snap my photo, interview me and said I'll be part of their case study - including the part they said I look great and very 'stylish', which I think is a bit "meh, yer ker?" (stylish ker? hmmm, stylish la sangat...erkks!). Tapi apepepun, aku rasa jaket ni santekk.. so apa aku kesah org nak kata apa, kan?






black jeans - Uniqlo; black vest - H&M


fingerless glove - Marc Jacobs; bag - SEED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon