Somewhere Over the Rainbow...





While I was rearranging stuff in my store room, I pulled open the boxes that contain my shoes which has been in there for months now. Months, since I've been back last October 2011... but the shoes arrived a month later through shipping all the way from London. I have to tell I am quite anxious back then when thinking about my shipping since I got more than 30 boxes with similar size as the PC's CRT-monitor (the old monitor lah, mana ada org pakai CRT lg skang nih?)





Anyway. It's like bringing out all the memories again when I open the shoe boxes to dust things off. Memories on my shoe stories how I got them, the quest and conquest, and above all - the time when I used to wore 'em so many times back then. Looking back and seeing things now, I just can't figure out why I didn't use these shoes again? Oh, I know; coz they're stored out of my sight... I think that's why I do need to get my shoe closet project (and my home renovation project too) kicked off so that I can see the shoes right in front my eyes on daily basis.





Btw, I still planted wish and hope that I will wear my shoes again. Somewhere over the rainbow...skies are blue. Somewhere over the rainbow, I hope to wear those shoes too... :)  










Wool/leather derby shoes by Beatrix Ong




I love this one because the mix of material used. This one is a conquest coz seeing online, the price is totally insane. Thankfully when I went to their neat little store at Newburgh Quarter, off Carnaby Street - the prices is ridiculously cheap: 75% off. So...angkut jer la!






Patent leather Oxford shoe by Zara




One of my evergrowing collection of patent shoes by Zara. The moment I saw this I was like 'Oh my God, so Gucci!' since it's a sheer resemblance to the Gucci patent lace-ups that I saw in online. The slimming form factor of it is fantabulous.






Patent leather lace-ups by D&G


I remember buying this shoes unintentionally. I was strolling around at House of Fraser at Westfield London, and suddenly struck to a patent leather lace ups on the SALE section. Checking it, it's by D&G... and it's at more than half price! But there no size 43 there, but being me I asked the salesguy if he had it somewhere... and luckily he said, "yes, we have one left back in the store room". Perfect!











Patent leather sandals by Doucals




I absolutely adore the minimalist look of this sandals - very simple, very modern and somehow appear so chic! I remember taking it with me during my Spring Break to Malaysia back in 2009. It's awesome, though I realized that the size is a tad bigger. I should've bought size 8 instead for any sandals!






Nude lace-ups by Bally




Another 'by chance' purchase during my visit to Bicester Village at Oxfordshire. This is my own version of nude shoes due to its flesh tone color. Love wearing this back in the summer, with a cropped trousers and without socks. Taking the Tube, some goes ooh, love the shoes, look sexy! Lol.






Grey suede lace-ups by Zara


Another one that's worn quite frequent during summer, without socks again. Grey suede made a huge trend that particular season and I'm kinda succumbed to the temptation of getting one myself And when they did discounts on this shoes, I had to grab one pair too! (see, London is evil!). 






Perforated leather lace-ups by Giorgio Armani


I can't forget this one, absolutely. The moment I saw it on the catwalk worn by Miro Moreira, I know I wanna have it right that instant. Then, I found it at Giorgio Armani store @ Bond Street, but it's not on sale. Fortunately, at Yoox.com, this one went on massive discount... so, finally it arrived safe and sound to my house in North London. I call it the 'corset shoes' since the black leather section amidst the white perforated body made it look like a corset indeed. :)






Black/White Adidas Top Ten Hi sneakers


One of the impulsive buying upon my unlucky encounter at Beatrix Ong store to get the previous shoes. This 'Top Ten Hi' sneakers by Adidas is one of the limited edition that comes with the croc-printed leather upper. I love the padded 'neck' which is so comfy to wear during autumn. [click here to read its story]






Grey Canvas Adidas Top Ten Hi sneakers


This is one of the 'epic' sneakers that I got. The moment I lay eyes on Size? website, I know I have to get it. Why I said epic? Coz it seems that Jay Baruchel also wear the same one in his red carpet appearance for 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' premiere. [click here to read]









Denim boat shoes by River Island


It's the denim reign of the season, plus it's summer when everyone is talking about boat shoes all over the fashion mags. And this one is like killing two pigs with one Angry Bird. Perfect fit, and very cheap!









Denim Oxfords by Zara




Another denim movement of the season. It's kinda lucky to find this 'slightly formal' shoes in denim when I visited Zara Oxford Circus in one weekend. When it went on Sale, I can;t just say no. The dark raw denim goes manic with my skinny Selvedge denim... the look cool together!






Faux python lace-ups by Zara


Summer is all about snakeskin, and this one hits just the exact perfection. The texture is superb and really a spitting image of the real python skin. I call this one the 'phallic shoe', coz its very slim and tapering and got a toe cap, just like a penis. LOL!






Eyelets hi-top sneakers by Zara


One encounter at Zara High Street Kensington stumbled me upon this sneakers. Eyes drawn, the feet tried, the heart loves it... and finally, the payment made at the counter. Easy, breezy Cover Girl.. (aik, apsal tetiba Cover Girl masuk plak ni? ehehe). And oh, it looks similar to what Marc Jacobs did that season too. :)






White canvas wing-tip plimsols by Zara




Canvas plimsols is a must when the hot scorching weather arrives, and this one that I bought at Zara @ Duke of York Square in London just ticks the right boxes. White? Check. Canvas? Check. Slim? check? and oh, wing-tip design? Check too... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon