Return to the Kopitiam










When is the last time I've posted pictures like this? Early this year - in March or April, I guess. That's exactly the last time too I visited the kopitiam at my local Petronas pump station here. The thing is, for the past 5 to 6 months I was under 'allergic food' watch - a condition which I dunno how had happened, why it happened and what made me contacted it. The only thing I remember is that I woke up one morning after coming back from Putrajaya and saw red patches on my skin which is so scary to watch. In that week, it went viral and spread throughout my body. I went back home, and my big bro served me a dish with ikan tongkol... and things get even worse that only I can imagine.





My sister, who is a doctor herself, said that I had an allergy. But how and why it happened then, that question is still unanswered. The only thing I comprehend that period is that I've gotta watch what I'm eating. No seafood, coz otherwise the red rashes will just emerge out of nowhere. No eggs and anything containing them including bread, donuts, cakes and yadda, yadda, yadda... which is so damn frustrating not to eat since they're the supply of my daily diet. And someone also recommended that I should avoid nuts, otherwise my skin will turn nuts as well. So, in the end... it's all about pantang. No more nasi lemak (coz some sambal has belacan), no noodle, no this, no that.. I feel some nikmat has been taken away from me. And it's so absolutely damn hard which tested my patience to its max!





My sis suggested me to take pyriton - a type of anti-histamine - in order to reduce the allergic reactions. And I did, but I really hated it. I hate medicine and anything artificial medication that I have to consume. Being trained as a chemical engineer myself, to me anything synthetic chemical that goes into the body is a potential danger, no matter how safe it is. Yet, this one left me no choice except to take it periodically day in day out. The thing about pyriton, it will make you feel so drowsy... therefore most of the morning after my breakfast (nasi lemak without sambal and eggs, huhu..), I just dozed off! 





I can't imagine how hard to accept the fact that I can no longer take the food that I love. What is even harder is when Ramadhan arrived which is my chance to enjoy all the food ever since I'm back home, yet can't do so. Everything has to be carefully selected otherwise I'll suffer. My body weight also been affected as I shed a lot of kilos too due to the food 'selectivity'. And I can't also enjoy my Aidilfitri that much ... eventhough I am truly ecstatic with everyone presence in the house. (it's not the food that make the celebration, it's the people!).





Until eventually, in the eve of Aidiladha I made a hajat prayer coz someone told me that if you made a wish on the Eve of Eid, God will granted since the heaven's door is widely open. Just anything... by God's will, He give it to you. 





So, what happen? He did. The morning after, I tried to eat the mee goreng with prawns at a relative's house. Nothing happen. I went to eat the kuah kacang with satay. Nothing happen. And I eat all the biscuits and cakes which confirmed contained eggs (coz me and my boys also celebrated the birthday that time), nothing happen. What can I say is just to be absolutely grateful to God for granting me my wish. I am absolutely very bersyukur!





Long story short... I have return to my fav kopitiam again - after 6 months since my last visit. I can't imagine how happy to be able to eat the food that I like again. What better than to enjoy the roti bakar kaya served with the half-boiled eggs, while surfing the net on the iPad on a relaxing Sunday morning. One word: GRATEFUL.





*and I'm off my pyriton since last Aidiladha. :)






leather iPad case - Marc by Marc Jacob


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon