The Style Roundup





Mid-year this year someone did ask if I wear different shirts every day to work? Well, why should I lie coz it's not something I can hide from the viewing public anyway, it's out there laid in the bare coz everyone can notice. So I answer yes. In fact I answered that I have a 4-months worth of shirts in my wardrobe, provided that I do wear different one every day. Four-months worth coz doing laundry is truly something that I hate doing. If I find that a shirt already had a weird smell... I can just wear a different one the next day and do laundry once in blue moon. Or once in 2-3 months to be exact. So, nak pengsan tak dengar tu...huhu!





The thing is, if I like a shirt I would buy it more than one. Like the +J white shirt, I got about 4 of them in the latest FW11 collection coz I just love the cutting and all. The others especially from Asos, I probably got two pairs for each type since I can do the same style the next week but wearing a different  pair of shirt, if you get what I mean.





So, what is the style roundup for last week. Nothing much, except the usual shirt + tie + blazer combo as what you've been fed of in this entire blog journey.







  • Wednesday.




Last Wednesday is my annual performance review day. Nothing more formal than looking in the traditional, classic black and white ensemble. I paired the +J white shirt with the diagonal stripes tie from Tie Rack + the slimfit single-breasted blazer from Asos. 







Mentioning my performance in my workplace this year, there has been a mixed reviews. On one hand, my boss said my contribution to the company is outstanding. Mana tak nyer, dah jadi Chairman mesti la everyone knows who I am! Ha! My supervision is also above par, and the best part is the evaluation from the students by which I exceed the requirement - I got 6.6 out of 7, which to me is whoa! (Other people normally got around 5 only!) Yet on the other hand, I need to perk up my publications per se like writing up lots more journal papers and research publications. I think if those people read this blog, they would've put me on the outstanding category, kot... ngehahaha! :)












  • Thursday



Another annual performance review day but from my another superior which is from the Head of my research cluster, since they gotta separate this research part. The leader said I am on the 'exceed requirements' coz I got many stuff on my plate. From the research grants and funding, to the patent thing - the logo that I've created for my research group that went for patent filing, those are beyond what is required I need to do this year. Not bad I guess.





For the day I went for deep green shirt from Zara + green tartan checks tie from Tie Rack + grey chambray blazer from Asos. One thing I hate about the shirt is that due to its slightly hi-sheen, when I iron it it leaves that 'shiny' mark which is intolerable. Anyway, whatever...

















  • Friday.



Usually, Friday is all about slightly looser fit since it was a Friday prayer day. But today I went for a uber-slim t2t as I slipped into the ultra-slim shadow checks suit from River Island (again) paired with the slimfit beige shirt from Zara + grey wool tartan tie from Uniqlo. The tie is a bit underwhelm to the whole ensemble given that it's slightly slimmer as compared to the collar and the tie bar. Again, it's a fashion faux pas... but with the blazer, it's almost a pass for the end of the weekday.





What's the best thing about that Friday? Someone emailed me mentioning how she missed my session in the class. Again? Awww..... shweeeeet...:) (have I left such an impact to those kids? Hmmm....)












* solat Jumaat at nearby mosque around my housing area, that's why easy to slip into my kurta, less 'skinny' visible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon