Men's Mono by Isetan





Isetan did their own menswear label called Men's Mono by Isetan. During my recent visit to Suria KLCC, I stumbled upon the collection which is located at the third floor of the store (a newly, yet to be finished menswear department). What is my initial reaction? I thought it was something from the UK; much like what I used to see Albam at Spitalfields in East London did. Or maybe the vintage-lookalike concession in Topman Oxford Circus would do. It was a complete surprise, and I am quite off-guard to be reading the label : Men's Mono by Isetan.





The collection is so edgy that not only those who are concerned about how they look and brave enough would wear it, but it's nothing like what I've ever seen in Malaysian market before. Very modern cut, slightly 'avant garde' compared to the typical department store's in-house label, very fashiony, and surprisingly lots of cool accessories too. When I said 'avant garde', no.. I'm not referring to Gareth Pugh's avant garde! That's far too much going on. What I'm saying is that the collection is a step ahead compared to SEED would do. Lots of tailoring like casual and formal shirts, as well as t-shirts and sweats which are great. And mentioning accessories, I love their bags like totes and envelop pouches though quite taken aback when I realized that they were just pleather. If not... hmmm, I've snapped one too.





Among all of the clothes on the rail, my eyes went to one piece which I think is quite cool (and safest among the lots): the sweater with a slightly scoop neck in gradual earth tones. Touching the fabric I thought it was a wool, but upon checking the label I realized it's a synthetic mix. Nonetheless, the texture is amazing. The fit is pretty body-skimming which is a great plus. And I like that they keep the edges very raw to give a sense of modern nonchalance appeal.





So, this one's coming home with me. As it is neutral tones, it can practically go well with almost anything. Perfecto!























sweater - Men's Mono by Isetan ; trousers - Uniqlo


grey patch-pocket blazer - River Island; tweed blazer - Topman


bag - Bally; zipper wallet - Jimmy Choo ; camo pouch - Parkson ; faux fox tail - River Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon